Sensor-Based Sorting Of Ferrous, Non-Ferrous, and Stainless Steel
The MetalMiner™ is the industry’s most advanced induction-based metal detector that sorts ferrous, non-ferrous, and stainless steel down to 1mm in size. It’s the perfect solution to recover valuable metal fractions like Zurik, ICW and stainless steel from from e-scrap and ASR streams. It is also capable of removing metal contaminants from fiber streams, wood chips, plastic flake and glass cullet in either a conveyor or slide configuration.
How It Works
Across the width of the machine, tightly spaced coil sensors use magnetic induction to analyze the material running by. As metallic particles are detected, electronic signals trigger precise ejections by individually controlled compressed air jets.
MapLine™ Algorithm Technology
Our patented MapLine™ algorithm allows the differentiation between ferrous, non-ferrous and stainless steel. It provides significantly higher purity rates in the eject fraction while improving the recovery rate of valuable materials. The result is a much faster return on investment.
The MetalSort™ upgrade can be integrated to any MSS optical sorter. It uses the same technology as the MetalMiner™ stand-alone unit, with sensor resolution tailored to the specific processing application.
• Single-eject configuration
• Color touchscreen with remote Ethernet access
• Language selection
• Change recipes by the touch of a button
• Continuous automated internal calibration
• Software license never expires
• Split configuration
• Statistics/QC report
• Machine width: 800–2800 mm (32–112 in)
• Efficiency*: Up to 98%
• Electricity: 5–8kW
• Compressed air: 100 psi / 7 bar
• E-scrap*: 0.5–3.0 tons/hr
• Metal scrap*: 2.5–8.0 tons/hr
• Plastic flake*: 1.0–2.5 tons/hr
• Glass cullet*: 10–30 tons/hr
* Actual throughput and performance depends on a number of factors including, but not limited to, input material composition, particle size, bulk density and % of targeted materials.